What is the value of accountability? To be honest, when I was in my 20's and 30's I wasn't sure. I was surrounded by exceptional mentors and yet I only partially took their advice and rarely came under their authority. I practiced selective accountability and grabbed the advice I liked and ignored the rest. “Why?” you ask, because I mistakenly thought - "I know better". Read more...
One of the most frustrating parts of having potential is the feeling that we are unable to tap into its power. Maybe you’ve tried two or three times to lose weight but seem to lose the willpower to make healthy choices. Or maybe that promotion you thought was coming down the line was handed to someone else. Read more...
In many ways, the brain is like the Top of Mount Everest. It's tough terrain to explore. There's a lot we don't know about its landscape, and there's only a few with the inside knowledge to tell us about it. Studying the brain gives us many benefits. It shows us how habits form, why we react to experiences with fear, why we favor certain preferences, and how neural pathways develop into behaviors. The brain tells us a lot about who we really are as a person, and even as a leader. Read more...
Do you remember your first job, the sweat after a long day’s work and getting handed your very first paycheck? There’s nothing like it! For me, it felt like the world was at my fingertips, that I could do anything if I worked at it. Maybe you’ve had similar experiences that taught you the value of hard work. Read more...
- Unconventional Leadership Tips From The Inbox of Elon Musk
- Why Reading Makes You a Better Leader
- The Unexpected Productivity Tool Responsible for Toyota's Success
- Successful Life Management
- How an Executive Coach Makes the 80/20 Rule Work in Your Favor
- Announcing The Launch of Our Newly Redesigned Website
- The Secret to Hiring a Top Performer
- How a Leader Can Tackle a Bad Case of Impostor Syndrome
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Want the secret to great public speaking? It's actually about listening.
- May 2018 (3)
- April 2018 (5)
- March 2018 (3)
- February 2018 (3)
- January 2018 (4)
- December 2017 (4)
- November 2017 (5)
- October 2017 (4)
- September 2017 (4)
- August 2017 (5)
- July 2017 (4)
- June 2017 (4)
- May 2017 (4)
- April 2017 (4)
- March 2017 (8)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (2)
- November 2016 (1)
- October 2016 (5)
- September 2016 (2)
- August 2016 (2)
- July 2016 (2)
- June 2016 (2)