Being able to relate well to people is a high priority for great leaders. One of the best ways to cultivate people skills early on is through the practice of active listening. Have you ever come away from a conversation with someone feeling valued, heard and affirmed? Did it surprise you how well they listened to you and how many details they remembered from your last conversation? Maybe you wondered how they did it. Read more...
Why is it so hard to say "no"? Could it be because we don't want to disappoint someone? Probably, but there are many reasons we avoid saying "no". This quote by Dr. Brown captures the primary reason why we say "yes" most of the time. Read more...
Chances are, there’s a habit you and I practice daily that is causing conflict in our relationships. It’s not forgetting to walk the dog or not putting the cap back on the toothpaste. The problem is with looking at our phones. Read more...
Eating healthy is something I get excited to talk about. When we discover foods that promote our well-being, it shows in our energy levels and productivity. As a leadership coach, one of the central topics I tackle first with my clients is diet. Believe it or not, what you choose to eat sets a precedent for your day. Read more...
As Americans, we are among the most entertained and stimulated people on the planet. Sociologists believe this is because we have more access to content and connection than any generation that has come before us. Everything is available online. We don’t even have to leave the house to get groceries if we don’t want to! Read more...
- Unconventional Leadership Tips From The Inbox of Elon Musk
- Why Reading Makes You a Better Leader
- The Unexpected Productivity Tool Responsible for Toyota's Success
- Successful Life Management
- How an Executive Coach Makes the 80/20 Rule Work in Your Favor
- Announcing The Launch of Our Newly Redesigned Website
- The Secret to Hiring a Top Performer
- How a Leader Can Tackle a Bad Case of Impostor Syndrome
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Want the secret to great public speaking? It's actually about listening.
- May 2018 (3)
- April 2018 (5)
- March 2018 (3)
- February 2018 (3)
- January 2018 (4)
- December 2017 (4)
- November 2017 (5)
- October 2017 (4)
- September 2017 (4)
- August 2017 (5)
- July 2017 (4)
- June 2017 (4)
- May 2017 (4)
- April 2017 (4)
- March 2017 (8)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (2)
- November 2016 (1)
- October 2016 (5)
- September 2016 (2)
- August 2016 (2)
- July 2016 (2)
- June 2016 (2)